Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bloom Where God Plants You

As a military wife, moving is a way of life. It comes with the territory. It seems as soon as you get settled into a new place it's time to move again. Hopefully, like most wives, you can chose to look at it in a positive light and see it as a good opportunity to get to that spring cleaning you’ve been meaning to do, even if spring is coming in October.

I mention that because I like to obtain plants of various sizes, it makes a house feel like home and it’s good for the air you breathe. However, I’m not always able to bring the large ones with us to our new home; I end up giving those to someone I know living in the area. In Missouri, I had two Hibiscus bushes that greeted visitors as they came to the door. They were good little bushes producing lots of blooms from April to November for the three years we lived there. I bequeathed those to two dear friends.

So the first plant that I bought when we moved to Texas was the Hibiscus bush you see here. As I enjoy its beautiful coral and pink blooms, I’m reminded of my dear military, sister-wives and of a common theme we seem to hear a lot: Bloom Where God Plants You. That is, you simply embrace where you are right now and accept it as God's will for your life and make that situation and circumstance the best possible. That is something that I have kept with me and, I feel, able to enjoy each duty station to its fullest. So here’s to blooming where God plants you! And here’s to planting my Hibiscus in a permanent location someday.



No comments: