Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Whoooo hooooo!

When the weather gets unbearably hot this summer, I'll be reminded of the day when I felt like a kid again. It was December 1, 2006 to be exact. At Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri, where we were stationed. It had snowed all night and we awoke to the most beautiful sight, there was so much snow it was a winter wonderland!

Jimmy didn't have to go in to work because #1 the post usually closes down when the roads were bad and #2 we couldn't get our vehicles out of the driveway anyway. So Jimmy spent several hours that Friday morning shoveling snow from the cars and sidewalk. When he was through he called me outside and said we had the perfect sledding area in our backyard and that we should take advantage of it. (It was almost a 45 degree angle going down hill and very challenging to mow in the summer.) However, we decided to try our dog, Cookie's, empty dog food bag. It was the 20-pound size so it was large enough to sit upon and it was slick. Jimmy tried it first and went right down the hill. He was having too much fun, so I got the camera out and started snapping and then I realized it had a video mode and got him going down once. He encouraged me to try but I said I didn't want to. It took a little coaxing and then I gave in and I was so happy I did. I remember hearing myself say "weeee" and sometimes "ahhhh" all the way down the hill as I edged closer to the wood line. Sometimes it's good to let go of your inhibitions and remember how much fun it was to be a kid. We kept taking turns sliding down the hill until that dog food bag was shreds.


2 comments:

Buri Family said...

Congrats on your blog! I am so excited to be able to see more about what is going on with you in TX! You are loved. Suzie

Zorn Family said...

Happy Anniversary Annie & Jimmy! I miss you!